Select your child’s class from this menu to access their home learning grid. All pupils have been issued with a home learning jotter to complete tasks in.
Further Guidance For Parents In Regards to School Closure:
Your child will be learning from your response to the current situation. Seeing you staying calm and resilient will be crucial to helping them cope with the circumstances.
It is very important to maintain structure and routine for your child whilst schools are closed. The following 10 tips may help you to maintain your child’s health and well-being.
- Set times for getting up and going to bed for your child.
- Have regular times for meals.
- Build in time for fresh air and exercise as far as this is possible.
- Structure your child’s day so that they have a variety of activities and break times.
- Create a menu of activities that your child can do during the day.
- Make a daily plan of activities and share these with your child the night before so that you and your child know what is happening the next day.
- Review the day’s activities and talk about what they have done. A sense of accomplishment is important for children and young people.
- Make Monday to Friday different from the weekend by structuring the activities along the same timings as a normal school day.
- Decide when and for how long your child will have access to electronic devices and for what purpose.
- Maintain contact with friends and family through technology.
Remember that your child will be learning from your response to handling this situation. Seeing you staying calm and resilient will be crucial to helping them cope with the circumstances.